Monday, May 01, 2006

... well, at least I can quit my job now.

April 19th 11:07 A.M. – Acceptance e-mail from RSM's Ad-com.



I'm in! It took 9 days, 9 days from the interview to get back to me, and at a cost of € 34.000 for 18 months, it could quite possibly be the cheapest well ranked program EVER! Ok, well maybe not ever, but compared to Columbia's $ 37.000 a year, and IESE’s € 68.900 program cost, it makes you wonder if it’s not worth it just to go and save yourself the headache of a monstrous € 100.000 loan.

Here’s some basic info on the school.

RSMFT Ranking 24th internationally, 7th in Europe – Average Post Grad Salary $105,578.00 plus bonus - not too shabby, but I wonder if the EBRD or any other development bank will throw that kind of change at me? And I wonder if the schools intl. brand quality will affect my plans of getting jobs at the EBRD, ECB, EIB, etc...

Oh – and a wikipedia link.

Now, I have until May 19th to decide whether or not I'm going to accept. It's a good school, the outlook of living in the Netherlands is not exactly bad, but I'm still waiting to hear back from Barcelona.

I asked admissions at ESADE, as to why my "Check Status" page on their site has been "Documnetacion Pendiente" for the past month plus, whether it was a database error, or something to that effect and if they could look into it, and whether I was missing any application materials. They got back to me within the same day, and although I had forgot to send them copies of my passports and photos, they will be giving me a response this week.

To be quite honest I'm freaking out a little bit… the school's No. 2 for me and should I not get in, I'm going to have to fernagle RSM for an extension, and hope for the best with No. 1 IESE.

Thump, thump, ----- thump, thump, thump, thump, ----- thump, thump - Keeping fingers crossed! And worst case scenario - this is where RSM Students / Alumni are from...

3 Comments:

Blogger Bschool Diva said...

Congrats!!!!

Monday, May 01, 2006  
Blogger i_will_make_it said...

Congratulations! Good luck w/ IESE!

Monday, May 01, 2006  
Blogger Ash said...

congratulations!
Rotterdam has some awesome clubbing joints too.....
success! (as the Dutch would say)
Ash

Tuesday, May 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home