Monday, May 01, 2006

So Mssr. Jacek, porque Europa?

It’s obvious that the US is by and far the global leader when it comes to MBA programmes, but as I said before – everything – depends on what you want to do with your life post MBA.

Having grown up in NY, having attended college down south, and then having worked in Europe only a few months in 2001/02 it would have been near impossible for me to make that Atlantic jump – the question then becomes why chose the schools I chose and not something like LBS, Insead, IMD, Oxford: Said, or IE?

While I was applying to LBS, it as well as Said had one huge drawback, they were both in England. As we all know the English speak, well… English, and while I do not doubt the quality of the education and the ease into banking, especially from LBS, I would not be able to pick up an additional language or two if I were to simply “habla Ingles“ my entire time there.

Insead / IMD – they were one year programs, additionally Insead looks down on American applicants, and IMD is in Switzerland, I really don’t like Switzerland, I really don’t like it, and of course IE is in Madrid, I’m likewise not the biggest fan of Madrid, and out of the other schools it just isn’t as internationally heavy as say, RSM.

So, I was basically left with HEC Paris, IESE, ESADE, RSM, and SDA Bocconi, and although I almost applied to HEC… well…. After I got a thumbs up from RSM, I said screw it, I’m saving me some cash.

So why Europe… well you see, I want to work towards the development of Central Europe, I want to work towards European Energy Self Reliance, and I want to see the continent once again stand on its feet and get its head out of the sand, and unfortunately I don’t see it happening… so someone’s got to do something about it… that little megalomaniacal nincompoop - c’e - moi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home