Tuesday, June 20, 2006

ESADE en E.E.U.U. (That’s the US of A)

So, when I tell people I’m getting my MBA in Spain, they usually say “oh?” However, I’ve been recently getting conversations that fall more along these lines.

“Yeah, so I’m going to get my MBA in Spain”
“Oh that’s great, congratulations, what school?”
“At ESADE, it’s ranked…”
“The one in Barcelona right?”
“Yeah”
“My (insert any of the following) friend, ex-co worker, acquaintance, etc…, went there, he/she/it is doing great.”
“Really?”
“Yeah he/she/it said it was a wonderful experience, you’ll…”

And then we return to the regular babble of people in elevators / subways / bars, what have you. So, it apparently seems that people do in fact know quite a bit state side about this little school in BCN called ESADE, and they all have very favorable opinions of it. Good to know, that given everything doesn’t work, and I’m forced to return to the good ‘ol US of A, I’m not going to have to explain to every rube and his mother what ESADE specifically is.

Additionally, and as I’m getting gitty, I picked up the Barcelona Time Out guide, in which ESADE is also mentioned as a very prestigious business school. :)

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

6 Comments:

Blogger Miss Cellania said...

I believed you when you said it was a good school. But its always nice to get the confirmation of others, isn't it?

Hey, I've got a date in NYC in July. He asked me what I wanted to do in the city. I have no clue. Any suggestions?

Wednesday, June 21, 2006  
Blogger ... j said...

How much money you want him to spend? That's basically what it comes down to :)

Wednesday, June 21, 2006  
Blogger Miss Cellania said...

In that case, I will leave it completely up to my host.

Thursday, June 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same experience.
Every time I was asked "why you don't go to America for MBA? and I answered

"oh....because I can not get in at any b-school there....."

Thursday, June 22, 2006  
Blogger ... j said...

For me it wasn't so much not being able to get in, I just really didn't want to go to school in the US.

You'll also find that there's been a growing number of publications criticizing American Universities, specifically so their lack of looking outward internationally. Having lived here for almost 20 years I can say that America is in many ways is not a very secular society, but internally focused. This is something that has been hurting the nation, and will continue to do so.

Plus I prefer the lifestyle in Europe, and at the end of the day, life’s not always about the bottom line, it’s about being happy in your surroundings, and then the bottom line, and I can pass on a few bucks to be happy. Plus, what with the dwindling dollar, and I do hope it’ll be somewhere around $2 per 1€ when I start paying off my debt… bah… I’m rambling.

Thursday, June 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, I spent two years dealing with European and I do really enjoy it. From the machine industry, I can smell European economy is recovering rapidly. So I know my decision is right.

Actually I got in at some American b-schools, but I felt tired explain all the time why I am not going to America.

Oh and I like your idea to set a blog to introduce ESADE. I am doing as well, however, in madarin.....

Thursday, June 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home