Sunday, August 20, 2006

T Minus 7 Days and Counting....

Intensive Spanish has already started and one of my roommates who I am yet to meet, told me that people aren’t exactly ecstatic about it. Well life here isn’t exactly a cup of tea either. In my brilliance before leaving Spain, I didn’t pack any warm weather clothes. After all… it is summer, but apparently summers aren’t the same everywhere, and now it’s raining, it’s cold, and my tan is fading faster than Michael Jackson’s new single on the U.S. Top 100.

But moving away from my own melanin production and back to the MBA – over the past week we’ve been getting e-mails from the administration to start working on things, prepare for classes and so on and so forth.

The first of these e-mails pertained to career assessment. Basically, ESADE has a website, you log in, fill in a b c, the whole process takes approximately 3-5 hours, and they website, though what I assume are logarithmic calculations, tells you where your strengths, weaknesses, areas for improvement, lay. While usually, I tend to look skeptically on any one person or program that gages my abilities. I approached this one particularly openly. And while I found minor glitches, the end result was overall very pleasing to see. – Apparently I’m cut out for Consulting / Entrepreneurship. – I never would have figured ;)

The following e-mails were the basic, school starts for Intensive Spanish on so and so, Into week on so and so, but during intro week, they will be taking the whole class somewhere for two days, and told us that they will send a follow up e-mail with what we should bring, etc…

I personally think they’ll be taking the whole class for a sort of trust building, get to know each other, teamwork building session in the mountains somewhere, but then again I could be entirely wrong, and we may well go to the canaries for a couple days on the beach, wind surf, and just hang out. However, option B, I fear, is just a delusional dream. Regardless however, it’s going to be so nice once classes start. I can’t wait to drown myself in work.

Cheers,

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Cellania said...

If I were starting a business, I'd hire you as a consultant. I just might do that someday!

Monday, August 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home