Sunday, March 25, 2007

Transformers

So we had a get together at my place this last Thursday, and “The Touch” was playing (You Tube link below) – which my roommate Benjamin put on – anyways, it’s from the transformers movie. And watching the video reminded me of something.



Back in 1987, when we first got to the States, transformers were huge, super cool for all the kids, and everyone wanted the different parts to build the mega robots. I remember being in Toys ‘R Us with my mom and some other woman who I can’t place one day, and I really wanted a transformer. Well, I recall, my mother that day, thinking about it, and finally saying that she would buy me one. So I went and chose the cheapest piece, took it home, and was a bit disappointed as it did nothing.

But what I’m trying to get to here is that, even though we couldn’t afford it, she sacrificed the couple of bucks that now seem like throw away change to make me happy – and sometimes I think of that moment, and realize what an amazing, wonderful, loving, caring, woman she is, and recall all the sacrifices that my parents made for me so that I would have a better life. Thanks mom and dad, and one day, I hope that if I’ll be ½ as good a parent as you were… well… you get the point.

So people, this may sound, touchy feely, a bit nancy, and so on, but hey… remember your folks, they truly are amazing people.

Kocham Cie mamciu :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hej,
fajny post. naprawde fajny fajny.
pozdro.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home