Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The combination is 1,2,3,4,5…

So I haven’t the slightest clue as to what I’m doing wrong here. I’ve applied for internships, and I hear nothing, nada, zero, zilch, nil, and I just don’t get it. No dings, no acceptance letters, nothing. Bad / good, I don’t know??? But thus far, both my roommates have them, one at Euromonitor in Chicago, the other at Pfizer in NYC; but Jacek really doesn’t want to go back to the states. Anyways, all this got me thinking.

Why don’t I have one? It can’t be my covering letter as I’ve helped others write theirs and they have internships, it can’t be my CV as a number of Co’s have expressed interest in me post MBA, but don’t have summer internship programmes for MBA students. i.e. E.On, Dalkia, Statoil, etc…

So what’s the plan? Stay in Barcelona, get my Spanish up to fluency? Worst case scenario. Go back to NY? – Nah! That’s boring. Go to Poland and get my EU drivers license, and Polish ID card… possibly. But the truth is, there is still light at the end of the tunnel. I’ve got a few things in the pipeline, and one of them is working on a development project in Liberville, Gabon. No details yet, keeping my fingers crossed and man, 3 months in Gabon, and then some more in South Africa, it’s like a dream come true.

Finally - what’s the point to this post or for that matter, the combination to getting a good internship? Beats the living bejesus out of me! For some it’s a step process 1,2,3,4,5, for me it’s anything but that – guess for now we keep on trying, and diversify our search criteria. :/

Oh yeah, and Term 3 = lots of work. More than in term 1 I think, it’s just that now we’re all used to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Cellania said...

The right opportunity is just around the corner. It has to be!

Saturday, April 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...

You mentioned that a friend of yours got an internship at Euromonitor in Chicago. I would love to do the same. I actually started working for Euromonitor as an independent researcher in the Dominican Republic, but it didnt' work out for me. I am a first year MBA student in the area of Boston and actually got an internship in Germany, but I am willing to consider Euromonitor if I have the chance.

I would like to get in contact with your friend. My e-mail is marcos.rodriguez.m@gmail.com

Hope I get an answer from you.

Best,

Marcos

Monday, March 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home