Saturday, September 01, 2007

.... time is running out


As in time until I fly off to South Africa, and I have to say that the fever is starting to get a hold of me. Meaning, I’m getting really excited about this trip. I’ve picked most of the courses that I want to take, and have pretty much gotten myself a place to stay. Thus far with 3 Americans and 2 Danes, it’s in a big villa. The place is super nice, and having at least some sort of certainty down there has made my stress levels go down quite a bit.

Now, if I understand the UCT course schedule properly, classes should end in November, which in my opinion is very early, and on one side of the situation, it means that I will probably bust my little behind for October, and some of November and then have a month to travel around Southern Africa, which in its own respect is amazing.

So it may be just the excitement speaking, but I would really love to (apart from R.S.A.) see parts of Namibia, Botswana, and if time allows Mozambique, and maybe even, should I be lucky enough, Malawi. But for now, that’s all just hopeful dreaming.

On a more serious, and MBA note, I’ve been putting some more work into this business plan of mine, but will need someone with some knowledge of Auto CAD to help me with initial designs, and I’ve also started on the official job search, meaning, identifying the companies that I’m planning on applying to.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

SAVED BY GRACE
About 3 years ago I dropped into a black hole – four months of absolute terror. I wanted to end my life, but somehow [Holy Spirit], I reached out to a friend who took me to hospital. I had three visits [hospital] in four months – I actually thought I was in hell. I imagine I was going through some sort of metamorphosis [mental, physical & spiritual]. I had been seeing a therapist [1994] on a regular basis, up until this point in time. I actually thought I would be locked away – but the hospital staff was very supportive [I had no control over my process]. I was released from hospital 16th September 2004, but my fear, pain & shame had only subsided a little. I remember this particular morning waking up [home] & my process would start up again [fear, pain, & shame]. No one could help me, not even my therapist [I was terrified]. I asked Jesus Christ to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins. Slowly, all my fear has dissipated & I believe Jesus delivered me from my “psychological prison.” I am a practicing Catholic & the Holy Spirit is my friend & strength; every day since then has been a joy & blessing. I deserve to go to hell for the life I have led, but Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross, delivered me from my inequities. John 3: 8, John 15: 26, are verses I can relate to, organically. He’s a real person who is with me all the time. I have so much joy & peace in my life, today, after a childhood spent in orphanages . God LOVES me so much. Fear, pain, & shame, are no longer my constant companions. I just wanted to share my experience with you [Luke 8: 16 – 17].
PEACE BE WITH YOU
MICKY

Wednesday, September 12, 2007  
Blogger ... j said...

I'm glad you're doing better. CHeers.

Friday, September 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home