Sunday, October 28, 2007

Job hunting time is upon me…. and… doing Africa – alone :o

… so far so good, but there is one MAJOR problem, this whole application process requires that I be in Europe during November, and December, which is completely understandable, however, being in South Africa with little access to the web is doing me no favors while looking for employment; and then there’s the month plus that I’m going to be in the middle of nowhere, with little to no mobile/internet service until mid December.

So sure ‘nuff, I’m a bit worried and stressed out about the whole thing, but it will be how it will be, and there’s no use crying over it now. :D

In other news, my travel buddy backed out of our overland trip to Namibia, Botswana, and Zambia, and as such, I think I’m just going to just do fly solo, meet people on the road, and see what happens. Only problem is, there’s a lot of driving, 11k km, and regardless, that IS a lot, and then there’s the whole anxiety thing, because if this were Europe, or the Americas I wouldn’t even think twice about doing a trip alone, but being Africa, it’s still gives butterflies in my stomach. Regardless, it will be an amazing experience, and I just have to do it. So… come mid November; into the heart of darkness. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home