Monday, October 29, 2007

Around Southern Africa in 31 Days

After some thought, I’ve decided to go ahead with the overland Africa trip solo. There was the option of an organized tour, there was the option of coming back Early, and changing my flight with some heavy fees attached, or I could just wing it. Regardless, even if I were to go back to Europe before my previously scheduled time I would already miss out on the career fair, and looking at many of the companies I applied to, luckily, their interview sessions begin in January.

So… taking that in hand, I plan to do the following….

Head north from cape town, stop off at the Orange River, then up to the Namib desert for some dune boarding, then up to Walvis bay up the Skeleton coast to the land of the mud people, then to Etosha, anf off to Okavongo in Botswana for some serious game (hopefully will not contract Malaria here – yey for Malarone), then off to Kasane where I’ll do a day trip to Victoria falls and pop in to Zim to give a quick shout to Bob, back through Zambia to Botswana and down through Gaborone to Limpop back in the Republic of South Africa, and then to Mozambique for a few days of lounging on the Indian Ocean, and return to South Africa, if time allows, I’ll head down to Lesotho for some beautiful mountain viewing, and back to Cape Town through the Karoo. – 31 Days…. Whether or not it’s possible we’ll see. But sure enough, it’s man vs’ nature vs’ self.

Only thing I’m worried about is I may get the bug, and decide to go on crazy vacations from now forth instead of some boring weekend in Castelldefels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home